Pediatric dentistry is a special, complex branch of dentistry, which includes all branches of dentistry, and yet is different, because without changes normal treatments used in adults can not be applied to children.
It is worthwhile to do regular visits to the dentist more than once a year. (In case of early caries, even before child first year to timely spot all the pathological changes.)
The child can thus be introduced to dentistry without unpleasant experiences in the form of games. With this approach we can achieve that kids like to come to the dentist without fear and anxiety.
Friendly, relaxed atmosphere, painless encounter can create a lifelong bond between the child and the dentist.
Preventive pediatric dentistry comprise of:
- Monitoring the emergence of milk and permanent dentition
- Caries prevention Fissure sealing: Watering or fissure sealing the procedure for protection of children’s teeth. This procedure does not damage the tooth structure, but only watered hollows and bumps where usually residual food is the main reason when caries is formed.
- Fluoridation of teeth which increases the resistance of teeth to decay and promotes mineralization of the tooth structure. For this purpose, the most recent method of coating with dental gel is used. It restores balance mineral surface of the teeth as the teeth makes it robust and therefore more resistant to tooth decay.
- Learning brushing the teeth with the terminology acceptable to age.
- Recommending toothpaste by age of the child